Basic Licensing Requirements for Starting a Child Care Center or Preschool

The California Department of Social Services has a website dedicated to figuring out licensing requirements as needed in day care centers and family day care. It’s also a great resource to look into if/when you are selecting a site for your child care center.

To view the licensing site, click here.

Questions regarding the Program can be directed to your local Regional Office, the Child Care Advocate Program (916-654-1541), or the Centralized Complaint and Information Bureau.

About the org:

The Building Child Care project was funded from 2000 to 2010 by the California Department of Education, Child Development Division, and was a collaboration of four organizations, who developed many of the resources:

Recent Posts

more insights

Child care

Child care Proposed zoning amendments aim to streamline the review process for establishing child care facilities and expand the allowable areas for both child care

Read more >